Monday, June 18, 2012

Interview with Kas from Pretty Addictions




 When did your love for make up begin?
Believe it or not I actually used to be a major tom boy.  My mom used to get so upset that I would rather wear baggy jeans and a t-shirt along with my hair thrown in a ponytail. I remember being asked by a friend and her mom why I wasn't into experimenting with makeup.Slowly I started coming around and getting girlier. About 5 years ago after suffering from insomnia, I kept running across blogs and Youtube. I would see girls do these amazing things and thought to myself I MUST learn how to do this too! The rest is history, along with a lot of money from my bank account!
 
Is there a story behind your companies name?
Well I think whenever a girl is getting ready for the day or night her main goal is to essentially feel pretty. Addiction  pretty much sums up us makeup junkies feeling when it comes to our pretties! I sometimes think that the word addiction get the bad wrap for always being bad. However not all addictions are dirty and not all addictions will make you look like total crap!
 
What is your companies main goal? Eventually I think it would be absolutely awesome to be the pretty lady standing in the shoes of those I admire in the beauty industry, so have my brand be a house hold name for millions of MUA's out there. I've love to see my products on the shelves next to big names! Ultimately for right now though my main goal is to do the best that I can possibly do to satisfy my customers in a well rounded way. I must deliver the best customer service possible as well as a quality product, they just go hand in hand!
 
How long have you been in business? Pretty Addictions was officially live March 15th 2011
 
What is your favorite color you have created? My favorite shadow created would have to be Sober and my favorite blush is Sex Kitten!
 
What is your favorite Commercial Brand of Make Up? If I have to choose a brand of shadows besides my own I would have to go with Inglot or Sugarpill.
 
What inspires you most? The love and support of my customers. I honestly look at each one of them as a friend. Not a day goes by that I don't look at my customers and just smiles because it blows my mind that a simple idea in my head is a reality to so many others! I love being able to share a piece of myself with so many others.
 
Who is your biggest supporter of your business? (other than yourself lol) I would have to say my husband. He has been my backbone from the beginning. He knows how much time, dedication, patience and heart goes into everything that I do. Pretty Addictions is my biggest passion in life and he truly respects that.
 
How did you choose your logo? How can you go wrong with leopard print?
 
What do you like most about having your own company? I love the fact that I have been able to connect with so many others out there that I probably never would have met outside of this. I also love being able to have something with my name on it and be proud of it.
 
What do you like least about having your own company? I absolutely can't stand the pettiness that goes on and the misunderstandings of others. I think sometimes others forget that us as small business owners are human too and mistakes can happen as well as breaks are needed too. If I ever don't respond to a Facebook message from you or a email please don't take it to heart, I would never ever purposely ignore anyone no matter what the question.
 

Do you have any suggestions for consumers who are looking to buy handmade products? Do your research and ask questions! Look for reviews!!!! If your still not sure, purchase a couple samples! That way you have an idea of how the company's customers service is as well as what their product is like.

Thanks for doing this interview Kas! It was great getting inside your mind for a bit <3

No comments:

Post a Comment